Monday, August 21, 2006

are you that charitable?

Quote "its not my style to contribute to charity this way, I will usually contribute money instead"

will money really settle the problems of the needy? yes, no doubt it will be used to buy equipment and necessities for them. but will you prefer to stretch out a helping hand to them get past the day, week, month, year better?

Some may think charity work is shit work with no returns, but in actual fact, the satisfaction of making someone's life better.

Okay, Why I decide to take up Candle of the Soul project? Quite simple reason, I am part of a bunch of people that hurries through the pace of life. Sometimes ignoring the needy that goes along the street begging for that few cents in our pockets to get by the day. But how much dollar and cents can we give to ensure that all have a full stomach at the end of the day and a warm, cozy night ahead.

Been to Korea twice, korea is a country known for its harsh winter. At the peak of it is -20 degC (or worst). I was there at the begining of winter, about 5 degC, was crossing an overhead bridge, saw this old granny sitting in the middle, what is she doing? begging of course. I can't help to think, how much can 10,000 won (about USD 10) help her in this cold weather. The experience strikes me hard till this day...

Won't it be nice if we could just slow down our pace to do something to improve their lifes? So i pray for an opportunity, and it was answered! So i am heading the Campfire project hopefully will bring joy and warmth to these disabled kids! =) the other is a CD project, expected to launch in December.

Candle of the Soul CD - Soft launch begining of December
Campfire @ Sentosa - 31 March 2007

Well.. if you do read this post, and do want to help out. Tag or call me! I am constantly open to volunteers!

End of the day.. are you that charitable? and in what ways?

Auf Wiedersehn!

No comments: