This is one of the best trip I had in my life. =D Sydney is such a beautiful city in terms of its mix of natural and urban architecture. Even though its winter and coincidentally that the trip took place during the coldest week of its winter season, the weather... Lovely! Its a city of multi-culture where you will meet people who come from all over the pacific region from the local australians, asians and any other places you can never think of.
Kicking off the trip was a simple dinner at my grandfather's place, meaning I have to lug all my bags there before heading back to school to pick up all the instruments before dashing to the airport. Well, I could barely enjoy the architecture of Terminal 3 since there is lots of baggage to be checked-in so i basically stuck at the counter getting it all weighted and tag and sent it on its way to the aircraft. Slight hiccup but it got settled out in the end. That's what matters most. =)
This is one of those time when I paid for the an expensive bed. Owing to the lack of rest, I sieze the opportunity to grab as much rest as possible on the plane. With its generous offering of wine onboard Singapore Airlines, 2 cups would send me into a slumber all the way down under. The first 2 hours we encountered some turbulence, but it became a rocking bed for me and gently coax me into dreamland. =D Occasionally waking up to get orientated with where in the world I am and how much more slumber time I have left. Food onboard was good, chocolate found amongst the meal what else can I complain for?
Upon arrival, baggage claim again was a hell of a mess. And to know that none volunteer to come forward to assist makes it messy. Thank god that baggage claim isn't lightning fast compard to Singapore, there was time to sort out procedures and soon after the first of the oversize bags appear. Soon, we were up the bus and out for a lightning quick orientation tour of Sydney, down to Mrs Macquarie Chair for a photo opp of Opera House and the Harbour Bridge. I shall skip the minor events related to the festival. The opening concert was... Spare me the pain if you could. haha! Dozed off most of the time. Just too tired la....
Day 3. Adjudication day. Morning rehearsal at St Andrew's Cathedral Chapter House, one of the small rooms around the Cathedral. Trying to grab as much rest as possible in the afternoon and its time to put up a performance at Angel Place Concert Hall. Nerve wracking but keeping focus is more important than anything else. We did well as a band. I know personally I could have done better. =( But well.... we sounded good that night.
To be continued...
Auf Wideresehen!
No comments:
Post a Comment