Sunday, September 19, 2010

History 101

It's a once in a very blue moon occurrence that I attend a wedding dinner and it was an eye opener of where I belong in a gigantic family tree. To be honest, left me baffled of whose-who in the family hierarchy. Of course, there was a history lesson given by my grand mother tracing back to the history of her grand mother. Geez.. if my sums is right that would add up close more than 200 years of history, back to the era of music of the romantic period where we have composers of Franz Liszt, Schubert and Tchaikovsky!!!

Well, there were all the greetings to all the grand aunts and uncles, most of them which I have not meet in the past 2 decades at least! It's hard to run away from greeting them and not knowing their "rank", all I can give is a simple Hello and a handshake as a sign of acknowledgement.

At the end of it all, we were lined up to give our final congrats to the host and it struck me that how many people that they shook hands with are actually people they know. Hmm...? Oh well, at least I am beginning to understand more about the history of my maternal-side bloodline.

Auf Wiedersehen!

No comments: